Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday! - Taco Salad Recipe

I finally made a menu plan this week! I am super excited after to be planning ahead to use up what we have in the house and what is about to expire. I do not want to have another Toss Out Tuesday like this week. So this week my camera was lost. (We honestly are really bad at keeping track of where that thing is!) So I didn't get a photo of my taco salad. But I did find it for tonight and will be taking a photo of dinner tonight. :) This week we have had taco salad, some ramen, and BBQ pork. The BBQ pork was a quick and easy meal that just went into the crock pot in the afternoon and was ready by dinner.


I promised a taco salad recipe and here's how it turned out.

Taco Salad Recipe:
1 full head of lettuce chopped up into bit sized pieces
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
1/2 bag of nacho flavored chips
1 can chili beans (I searched all over for mexican chili beans and couldn't find them)
1 8oz bag of taco shredded cheese (We like our cheese)
1/2 bottle of 1000 island dressing

Next time I will try a smidge less dressing. It was just a little to much for us. I had tried 1/3 bottle at first though and found that it wasn't enough. I think this is going to be a trial and error thing. I may have to actually measure with a measuring cup next time instead of my eyes :) Other wise, we loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I think, I would really enjoy this. I could munch my lunch. :)
    Thanks for linking to Let's Do Brunch.

    ReplyDelete