As I posted in our 2012 January update we have been rockin' away at our rental house. Yesterday I got to shine up some metal with steel wool and I got to paint the front door. They both looked great by the time I got done! We also had a lease managing company come over and check it out to tell us what they though and kinda give us the low down on what they would do. We were clueless and ended up learning a ton. They do all that crazy stuff that we frankly don't even want to deal with.
Including but not limited to:
* Place free advertisement on leasegr.com
* Advise you on the rental value of your property
* Screen phone calls and walk-in prospects
* Qualify applicants
* Verify employment
* Run (and pay for) credit checks
* Schedule and confirm showings
* Show your property to prospects
* Consult with you regarding applicants (the final decision is yours)
* Collect security deposit and first month’s rent
* Coordinate and conduct lease signing and move-in
They charge 85% of the first months rent and then $75 a month for management. I think this is what we are going to go with. She gave us some pointers on how to make the home appeal to better renters and told us that it could rent any where from $700-$800! Our mortgage right now is just under $500! So this is great news. I am excited to see what the future holds for us and this new adventure.