Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Recipe : Creamy Chicken Rice Soup

What you need :

3/4 cups of onions
2 cups of carrots
1 cup of celery
1 cup of chicken
1 teaspoon garlic
32 oz broth
3/4 cup uncooked rice
a few dashes of basil and oregano
2 tablespoons flour
15 oz of evaporated milk

Step 1 :
Grab your soup making pot and put in the onion, celery, garlic and carrots to saute until they are tender.

Step 2 :
Stir in the broth, rice, chicken, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes.

Step 3 :
After about 8 min of simmering, I realized I didn't have enough liquid so I added my evaporated milk and flour.

Step 4 :
Bring it back to a boil and simmer for another 10 min.

I got the original recipe from Taste Of Home website and modified it to my likings. : )

The verdict:

We like it! I would add some salt for sure. And if you know me, you know I don't add salt to much. Even if the recipe calls for it. Caleb and Zaccheus (my son and day care kiddo) ate every bit I gave them and then asked for seconds so please consider this a kid friendly recipe. We like our foods small so everything was diced. We also like our soups a little thick so adjust your time accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment